[teampractices] Project management tools review: Regressions/tradeoffs; migration

Matthew Flaschen mflaschen at wikimedia.org
Sat Mar 29 03:19:41 UTC 2014

On 03/25/2014 06:31 PM, Quim Gil wrote:
> What are the options when it comes to permissions to edit tasks in
> Phabricator? This relates to the discussion about who decides the
> prioritization of a task.

Yes, we should think about whether this should be limited to project
team members (something like people with +2, plus maybe people who do
reliable triage without edit warring).  Phabricator has some version of
this concept (not sure of the details), unlike Bugzilla which only has
default CC as far as I know.

>     * Can we set up Phabricator *by default* to allow read access to tickets
>     ("Visible to: Public (No Login Required)")?
>

> This is a must. We can't start populating Village Pumps, mailing lists,
> etc, with URLs that require signing in to be accessed at all.

Agreed.

Matt Flaschen