[teampractices] remote pair programming tools

Prateek Saxena psaxena at wikimedia.org
Fri Jul 11 10:16:24 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:26 PM, Sumana Harihareswara
<sumanah at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Is there a set of best practices/tools, ideally cross-platform and
> open source, that we could use to help Wikimedia developers remotely
> pair program? What are folks currently using? Some resources:

One could use tmux and their favourite editor to do pair programming.
I have never tried this but I've heard that it is wonderful. This is
already mentioned in the second link that you sent. Useful links-

http://collectiveidea.com/blog/archives/2014/02/18/a-simple-pair-programming-setup-with-ssh-and-tmux/
http://pivotallabs.com/how-we-use-tmux-for-remote-pair-programming/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za8FMIWYtUc

—prtksxna