[teampractices] pull bugs into Mingle/Trello rather than push

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Thu Jan 23 18:48:43 UTC 2014

Le 22/01/14 18:07, S Page a écrit :
> The Flow team set up Bingle[1] to pull all new bugs into Mingle. We've
> found problems with this approach:
>
> * It unbalances the sprint to continually see bugs appears in the "left"
> lane that we keep shunting off.
> * The truth is we won't get to most bugs in the current iteration, so
> the Bugzilla comment "This is tracked in <project management tool>" in
> every bug is misleading and distracting.
> * By the time we work on the bug it's often renamed and improved in
> bugzilla.
>
> So we'd like to try doing bug triage outside <project management tool>,
> and only copy a bug into <project management tool> when we decide we
> want to tackle it in the current iteration.
>
> For this to work well we want:
> * A bugzilla query to find project bugs that are meaningfully updated
> since the last bug triage.
> * A good triage method in bugzilla.
> * A way in bingle/bugello to nominate bugs to pull into <project
> management tool>.
>
> Thoughts? comments? Thanks!

Hello,

There is PHP software build on top of Bugzilla which let you managed
bugs on a Kanban board: https://github.com/EvanOman/KanbanBoard

As far as I looked at it, it needs a new field to be added to Bugzilla
which is used to track the Kanban board column the bug ends up in.

It can probably not replace mingle, but it might be a good way to
managed bugs Kanban like.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso