[teampractices] Project management tools evaluation: Your feedback needed

Andre Klapper aklapper at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 14 14:49:51 UTC 2014

Hi Stefano,

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 16:16 -0800, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> At OpenStack we've been using Launchpad for tracking work items
> (bluprints) and defects (bugs) but the tool has strong limitations.
> Recently we started developing a new tool to help us overcome Launchpad
> while keeping its strong points (mainly the possibility to assign an
> item -bug or task, to multiple projects). Storyboard is in its infancy
> but we plan on running a development sprint before FOSDEM.

How did that go? (I intended to visit the OpenStack stand, but went to
FOSDEM pretty last minute so it all was a bit hectic - sorry.)

> More details:
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/storyboard/tree/README.rst

http://storyboard.openstack.org/ looks promising.
How often is the code deployed to that instance?

Are the evaluation criteria public which made you decide to start
developing a tool on your own, and not go for something already
existing? This could be pretty helpful to see how much Openstack is
facing the same issues as Wikimedia.

Thanks,
andre
--