[teampractices] Bingle

Arthur Richards arichards at wikimedia.org
Tue Feb 11 22:22:32 UTC 2014

I just discovered this thread at the bottom of my inbox - sorry I'm only
responding now. Replies inline.

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM, S Page <spage at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> * Using the undocumented mapping properties to set some Mingle fields
> (e.g. set Date Reported from bugzilla). Analytics is using them, I can't
> quite figure out how.

This is somewhat mysterious to me as well, though I have some guesses based
on looking through their config on betalabs. Let me know if you're still
baffled and we can try to piece it together. Also, Diederik wrote this
functionality so I'm sure he can also provide an answer :)

> * Is anyone using bingleResolved.py ?

I whipped this script together to retroactively cope with a huge backlog of
stale bugs in the Mobile Mingle project. I used it once, but can imagine it
may have use for someone in the future. It could use some refactoring
though.

> * Eliminating the default
>    Your job 1640880 ("bingle") has been submitted
> email from jsub unless something went wrong.  awjrichards has 249MB of
> mail on tools-login and diederik 142M, that's probably most of it :)

This I don't really know anything about. This might be something good to
follow up with Coren about.

> * Sharing advice on how to test it. When I change the Python I just hope
> it fails before it updates anything :)

http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles/00-00-01-32-02-metablogapi/7317.image_5F00_0F65063B.png

I've scratched my head about this a bit and haven't come up with anything
great. Probably the easiest thing to do would be to set up a fake project
for testing against in Mingle and same for Bugzila. Andre, is this
something we could do in Bugzilla without much controversy?

--
Arthur Richards
Software Engineer, Mobile