[teampractices] Project management tools review: Finishing up the RfC

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Mon Apr 14 14:20:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thank you all for helping sort the options considered as a possible
replacement for our project management tools and development
toolchain. It's been really helpful, and Phabricator seems the most
likely to meet our needs.

As promised, Andre and I have now prepared an RfC to bring more people
into the discussion. The goal of the RFC is both to collectively
evaluate if Phabricator fits our needs, and if so to decide if we want
to move forward with a migration.

We're looking to start the RFC today but wanted to do a final sanity
check. Here's the proposed schedule:

* April 14−27: Run the RFC, advertise it widely
** During that period: Host a weekly, rotating IRC discussion to
discuss the state of the RFC, answer questions, etc.
* April 28: Collectively assess the state of the RFC on the talk
page, and decide whether there is agreement or whether we extend the
discussion period (by 1 week, then re-assess). When the discussion
period is over, close the RFC and see where we go from there.

Unless there are strong objections to this timeline, we'll go ahead
and open the RFC :)
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Phabricator

--
Guillaume Paumier
Technical Communications Manager — Wikimedia Foundation