[teampractices] Scrum of scrums

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Mon Sep 23 23:48:12 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Arthur Richards <arichards at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> I think we need to be clear about the issues we can and cannot address
> with a meeting like the SoS.

Thank you for spelling this out.

Ultimately, I think this can be boiled down to: *tactical dependency
> management between teams *with a byproduct of* increased communication
> and on-the-ground transparency* between teams.
>

> I think if we have a critical mass[1] on board, we should go for it. We've
> already got mobile web, ops, and analytics committed to participating in
> something SoS-flavored - in order to achieve critical mass, I think we need
> at least one more team focussed on user-facing features (eg i18n/l10n,
> visual editor, flow, etc) to participate.

So, thoughts on the proposal? Any other teams want to be involved in SoS?

We might be more chickens than pigs[0] along with the other cross-cutting
concerns like design, security, performance, analytics , but I think
Release Eng/QA in the person of me and/or Greg Grossmeier want to be
involved, even if we mostly lurk.   I agree critical mass[1] probably
depends on the user-facing features teams.