[teampractices] Dialy Scrum and timezone differences

S Page spage at wikimedia.org
Mon Oct 28 10:40:11 UTC 2013

The Flow team has engineers in Belgium (Matthias Mullie) and Sydney,
Australia (Andrew Garrett) -- perfect 8-hour triangulation :)

We have 10:30 standups that Matthias can often attend, but we shifted our
Tuesday meeting to 4:25pm (16:25) for Andrew's benefit, so we skip
Wednesday since there are only a few work hours in between. We skip Friday
though have retrospectives on it.  So we have standups three times a week.

The engineer(s) who can't attend send an e-mail status update, and we send
out standup minutes. It's still a challenge for engineers to know what
others have done or will do while they're sleeping.