[RCom-l] Important: Poll for support of subject recruitment for "Anonymity and conformity [...]" study

Goran Milovanovic goran.s.milovanovic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 20:41:45 UTC 2011

Ok Aaron, I am on it. I don't see any problem with this research and my
vote to go on with it (changed on the project's talk page already made).

BTW: "...since it represents the first mass recruitment request (200-300
Q: what is "massive" in the recruitment request for 200-300 respondents
online?

Best,
Goran

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Aaron Halfaker <aaron.halfaker at gmail.com>wrote:

> I was hoping to close this poll hours ago, but we only have three members
> of RCom participating (thanks Yaroslav and Steven!).
>
> It is absolutely crucial that if we end up technically approving this
> study methodology that such approval actually reflects the consensus of
> RCom members.
>
> For your benefit, I'll summarize the proposed plan:
>
> A request to participate in a *survey* about enforcing conformance with
> community/group outcomes *needs 200-300 responses* from general Wikipedia
> editors.  Invitations to take the survey will be posted an editors'
> User_talk pages.  *A pilot set of 15 requests will be posted immediately*following approval from RCom to test for problems and determine the
> expected response rate.  Afterwards, *up to 500 User_talk postings* will
> be made (depending on response rate) to illicit enough responses to give
> statistical confidence.
>

> This is the first proposed project of this scale that we are reviewing for
> approval so I really want to make sure we are doing it right.
>
> -Aaron
>
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Aaron Halfaker <aaron.halfaker at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> This proposal is an important milestone for our subject recruitment
>> processes, since it represents the first mass recruitment request (200-300
>> this poll or discover what problems still need to be dealt with.
>>
>> I'd like to close the poll by *Wednesday @ noon UTC*.  Please make sure
>> to chime in.
>>
>> See poll:
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research_talk:Anonymity_and_conformity_over_the_net#Poll:_RCom_support_for_this_project