[RCom-l] Welcoming Melanie on board

Dario Taraborelli dtaraborelli at wikimedia.org
Thu Nov 10 02:55:16 UTC 2011

I am thrilled to announce that Melanie Kill (aka User:Drkill) – assistant professor at the University of Maryland and former Wikimedia Summer of Research fellow – just joined RCom-l as a new member of the committee. Her addition not only brings to the RCom a talented Wikipedia researcher (Melanie specializes in digital rhetoric with a focus on the history of the encyclopedia genre) but also bumps our female membership to an all-time record of 36.3%.

Melanie, do you mind adding a short biographical blurb about yourself to http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Committee?

Please join me in welcoming Melanie on board!

Dario