[RCom-l] The tragedy of the Commons

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 14:50:25 UTC 2011

Dear All,

After the rather hostile response on the English language wikipedia to the
Berkman survey I would like to revive my proposal from five months ago for
an annual Omnibus survey.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Omnibus_Survey

I appreciate that this would put some constraints on the researchers and
would actually cost the Foundation a bit of money. But unless someone else
can come up with an alternative way of fairly throttling research surveys
to the point where the community can accept them, I would suggest that this
is the only viable option on  the table other than a simple blanket ban on
third party research surveys.

Regards

WereSpielChequers