[RCom-l] Wikimania talk on research projects

Denny Vrandecic denny.vrandecic at kit.edu
Sat Apr 30 07:57:29 UTC 2011

Hello all,

Mathias Schindler, Angelika Adam, and me have submitted a talk proposal for Wikimania on the topic of "Participating in research projects", aiming at the local chapters world wide (but currently, especially in Europe).

<http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Participating_in_research_projects>

The idea is to talk about how externally funded research projects work, what it means to join them, and how to do so, etc. Last autumn Wikimedia Deutschland has joined the EU-funded project RENDER, and we want to talk about our experiences there.

We would be highly interested to find co-presenters with experience, especially from other regions of the World, to present what it would mean for Wikimedia organizations to join such projects, about the benefits and challenges, etc.

Please contact us if you are interested to join us, either via Email or Skype.

Cheers,
Denny