[RCom-l] 2nd RCom Meeting confirmed: Saturday 18/12 – 5pm GMT

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 07:09:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 22:46, Dario Taraborelli
<dario.taraborelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd also like to ask 15' of your time to take part in a pilot survey to
> understand reasons why academics/scientists do (not) contribute to
> Wikipedia. The survey has been inspired by a recent discussion on
> FriendFeed, it has been designed by Daniel and myself, with input from other
> people: http://bit.ly/AcaWP
>  If you get a chance to go through it, I'd love to have your feedback on how
> to improve it before it goes live.
> I look forward to talking to you this Saturday.

The questionnaire is interesting, actually. While I was filling the
first page, I was thinking that I am doing it for my fictional
character. However, at the end I've realized that I filled the
questionnaire as real myself :)

Besides the fact that the culture on Wikipedia is not so bright, the
other problem in my field (linguistics) is that even English Wikipedia
so poorly covers the field, that I don't have an idea where to start.
Whatever I started to do looks like a white elephant.