[QA] FYI: Continuous Integration now running node 10 for MW, extensions, and skins

James Forrester jforrester at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 3 21:30:14 UTC 2019

Hey all,

A quick heads-up: the continuous integration tests for MediaWiki core,
MediaWiki extensions, and MediaWiki skins are now all using node 10,
replacing node 6, which is end-of-life.

CI jobs were replaced by new ones which should run faster, without any
disruption for developers' work. For a brief period, selenium tests were
disabled; they've now been re-enabled for all repos.[0]

There are still a number of repos running node6 CI, which will need work to
convert over in future.[1]

This work also unblocks a number of issues, including:

* committing package-lock, making for faster and more secure development[2],
* using the newest version of stylelint (e.g. [3]), and
* upgrading browser tests to webdriverio 5+ [4].

Antoine and I think we've checked for issues, but if you run into any,
please report them on Phabricator.[0]

[0] – https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T222406
[1] – https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T211784
[2] – https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T179229