[QA] [Wikitech-l] CI jobs using npm might suffer from a 10 minutes delay

David Barratt dbarratt at wikimedia.org
Thu Jun 28 14:42:56 UTC 2018

If we were to upgrade npm to 5+ (I think) that would support
package-lock.json
https://docs.npmjs.com/files/package-lock.json

That file would be committed to our code repository and allow the CI to
skip the dependency resolution step(s). This means that the tar/zip or
clone would happen directly without involving registry.npmjs.org at all.

Upgrading npm (and adding a package-lock.json file) might be outside of the
scope of this issue, but I think it would help mitigate/resolve the problem.