[QA] How to make jenkins-bot write custom messages?

Kunal Mehta legoktm at member.fsf.org
Mon Jan 22 22:52:55 UTC 2018

Hi,

Is it possible to have jenkins write custom messages besides the normal
success/failure?

In T101544[1], there's a request for having jenkins-bot say things like
"This patch lowered/increased code coverage in includes/EditPage.php by
2%". What's the best way to surface this to developers? I doubt most
people will click on a job link unless it's failing (which we're not
really close to do at all).

I skimmed the zuul and jjb documentation and didn't see anything obvious.

-- Legoktm