[QA] How to make jenkins-bot write custom messages?

Kunal Mehta legoktm at member.fsf.org
Fri Feb 2 08:51:49 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 01/23/2018 10:55 AM, Tyler Cipriani wrote:
> Looked at the source of zuul-reporter a bit today[0]. From the looks of
> it the only knobs to turn are the {failure,success,footer}-message
> parameters for a pipeline as defined in zuul/layout.yaml. The
> pipeline.footer-message[1] is appended to all jobs, but that doesn't
> look particularly dynamic[2][3].

Thanks for the pointer, I kind of made it work. I set success-message to
"Test coverage increased (or stayed the same)" and failure-message to
"Test coverage decreased :-("[4] for a new "coverage" pipeline.

Ideally the "stayed the same" could be split to a third state, so we can
properly congratulate people when coverage goes up. And somehow to
expose the actual % change in Gerrit.

[4] https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/407588/1/zuul/layout.yaml

-- Legoktm