[QA] CI response time investigation and improvements

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Thu Mar 23 22:36:54 UTC 2017

<quote name="Legoktm" date="2017-03-23" time="15:27:50 -0700">
> I understand that there was work on a docker-based solution that should
> be faster and not as expensive, has any other progress been made on it?

We aren't yet prepared to make any commitments on the timeline for the
availability of the new system that is being built (as a cross team
effort including Ops and Services, for those who don't know). The
project is a top level "program" in the FY17-18 WMF Annual Plan for
Technology (the AP is still in draft).

But yes, progress is still being made. There isn't (yet?) a single
Phabricator project to track this project as a wholistic thing, but some
are:

* #Release Pipeline https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/release_pipeline/
* #Prod-Kubernetes https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/profile/2290/
* #Kubernetes-production-experiment https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/kubernetes-production-experiment/

There's more in #Services but it's not broken out afaict.

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| Release Team Manager            A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |