[QA] Test repos and results...

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 24 09:56:17 UTC 2017

(Replying to QA mailing list, with permission.)

I am not sure if we have any documentation for tests, except for the code
itself.

Shorter tests run every time a commit is pushed to Gerrit. For example,
commit 323401[0] has more that thirty patch sets, and every time a new
patch is pushed, a suite of Jenkins jobs run. When the jobs finish,
jenkins-bot leaves a comment in Gerrit with links to Jenkins jobs and
status of each job (pass/fail).

There are also tests that take longer to run (sometimes hours) so they run
daily[1].

Each Jenkins job stores test results, screen shots, logs, videos... We keep
those around for 30 days.

Did I answer the question?

I will let others correct me if I missed something. :)

Željko
--
0: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/323401/
1: https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/view/Selenium/