[QA] getting tests configured for a particular repository

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Thu Jul 28 20:19:24 UTC 2016

On 28/07/16 19:25, Loic Dachary wrote:
>> I sent you to this list and then you got no responses. :(
>
> It has only been 24h ;-)

> Yes. IIRC jenkins & jjb were abandonned recently and OpenStack CI now runs solely on Zuul.

That is their Zuul 2.5 effort.  They have effectively removed Jenkins
entirely but still rely on the JJB jdefinitions.  They are processed by
Zuul to forge Ansible playbooks that are then executed on instances.
That is rad.

Since yesterday we are running the same version but are not all relying
on Ansible.  We are not sure where to go to be honest, discussions will
happen on that front this fall.

>> * If your code is written in PHP then using a composer.json with a
>> "test" command entry is probably the easiest thing to get wired up.
>> See the CDB library for a basic example [5].
>> * For Python, using tox is the current best practice. An example of
>> that can be seen in the operations/docker-images/toollabs-images repo
>> [6].
>> * There are also pre-made job templates for running `bundle exec rake
>> test` (Ruby), `npm test` (Node), and `maven clean package` (Java).
>>
>> [0]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Continuous_integration
>> [1]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Continuous_integration/Tutorials
>> [2]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Continuous_integration/Jenkins_job_builder
>> [3]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Continuous_integration/Zuul
>> [4]: https://github.com/wikimedia/integration-config
>> [5]: https://github.com/wikimedia/cdb/blob/master/composer.json
>> [6]: https://github.com/wikimedia/operations-docker-images-toollabs-images/blob/master/tox.ini
>
> These are great pointers ! I'm exploring https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/CICF now and reading the docs. I think I can figure out how operations-docker-images-toollabs-images/blob/master/tox.ini is run and also what installs the system requirements (docker, mediawiki instance etc.).

Yeah Bryan is very effective at finding documentations and examples :]
Thank you Bryan!

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso