[QA] Need Volunteer QA work

Elena Tonkovidova etonkovidova at wikimedia.org
Thu Sep 24 20:08:18 UTC 2015

Thanks Agnijita!

There are, at least, couple of big projects where your help will be useful.

First you need to set up user accounts to have an access to our test
environment and our  issues/bugs recording system. Those will be
1) Testing environment - http://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/w/index.php?
2) Phabricator to file bugs - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/

You may be also interested to communicate directly with dev teams or me via
IRC (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_on_IRC).  I am on channel
 #wiikimedia-collaboration as etonkovidova.

Also, please read https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Quality_Assurance - there
are links to other useful information.

As a QA, I've been working on several projects - VisualEditor, Echo/Flow,
Mobile Apps. There are specific pages on www.mediawiki.org/wiki about these
projects. You may read them and decide which of them looks particularly
interesting to you.

After you familiarize yourself with the projects I mentioned, I will be
happy to answer any of your questions and get you started.

cheers
Elena