[QA] [reading-wmf] tracking/documenting specs for your components

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 17 01:18:51 UTC 2015

<quote name="Tilman Bayer" date="2015-11-16" time="16:56:27 -0800">
> I agree. BTW, in that vein there are some ways in which we could improve
> the integration of Phabricator with our own wikis, e.g. by adding the
> ability to reuse images from Commons on Phabricator
> <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T116515> (also to encourage people to
> upload illustrations to Commons during development already, so that they
> can be reused directly on the wikis afterwards, for user documentation and
> organizational reports) , and by auto-updating the status of tasks in "Tracked"
> templates <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Template:Tracked>.

Agreed. The last (template:tracked) really seems like it should be
changes to MW/that template instead of in Phab itself (the communication
should be poll/pull instead of push).

The first is harder; it's easy for RelEng to *not* turn something on in
Phab (eg: phriction) but it's harder to add new features (obviously),
since this one is a change needed in Phab and not somewhere else (it
would have to know of third-party image repos and how to interact with
them safely).

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |