[QA] tracking/documenting specs for your components

Brian Gerstle bgerstle at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 16 15:00:37 UTC 2015

Hey teams!

The iOS team is looking for inspiration on how to track the specs for the
iOS app.  We've discussed (and been through) a couple different setups*,
and would like to hear from you about what is (or isn't) working for your
team.

I'm especially interested in if/how the web's browser tests are
incorporated into product specs and/or documentation.  The iOS team is
trying the Given/When/Then format for authoring our specs, but aren't
automating anything at this time, just trying to be clear & consistent.

We're also curious about Phriction (the Phab wiki app).  Is anyone using
it?  Seems like an interesting option to use a wiki that could also tie
into the rest Phab.

Cheers,

Brian

* Including but not limited to a mix of:

   - Trello
   - Spreadsheets
   - Google docs

--