[QA] [reading-wmf] top articles across languages for testing?

Elena Tonkovidova etonkovidova at wikimedia.org
Wed May 20 06:48:29 UTC 2015

On
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14Ei-KWYbZcmvT70irx6NGIJCi17tF2o1szXnQsZ2h-A/edit#gid=0
there are articles that I usually check when I do regression testing.

One group is a set of articles that used to have some sort of
performance/display issues
-  Barack Obama, Cat, India, Richard Nixon,
Europe, English language

Another group of articles - where images or Image Gallery is tested(gif,
svg, image map, charts, timeline, large amount of imgs in the Image Gallery)

- *Claude Monet *- extensive Image Gallery(different img sizes)
- *List of go games* - many svg images
- Lilac chaser, Caridoid escape reaction - animated(gif) images
- *The Club(dining club), Image map* - for image map img
- *Tel Aviv(Hebrew*) for timeline img template
- several specific articles with problems in their lead img

And, yes, it'd be really great if we can 1) define more precisely what
articles properties we are interested to test(visiting statistics, size,
structures, special layouts, imgs etc.) and 2) create a process(system) to
find such articles

Also, there is still an open task - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T97151
- Testing Page issues and disambiguation templates(T90250). Going through
the list of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_articles_with_content_issues
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Template_messages/General#Disambiguation_and_redirection
should