[QA] pale green in language screenshots

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Tue Mar 24 07:30:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

I ran the language screenshots job with many target languages yesterday:
https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/view/BrowserTests/view/VisualEditor/job/browsertests-VisualEditor-language-screenshot-os_x_10.10-firefox/23/

Many are properly green, a few are red, and a bunch are pale green. The job
seems over. What does pale green mean? It was not actually completed,
because no screenshots were actually uploaded.

For example, here's the console output for Arabic:
https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/view/BrowserTests/view/VisualEditor/job/browsertests-VisualEditor-language-screenshot-os_x_10.10-firefox/LANGUAGE_SCREENSHOT_CODE=ar,label=contintLabsSlave%20&&%20UbuntuTrusty/14/console

All the scenarios are green and it seems like the upload line was executed
(`exec ruby2.0 upload.rb`), but LanguageScreenshotBot didn't upload any
actual png files to commons:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:VisualEditor_Page_Settings_Edit_Links-ar.png
was uploaded last November (!)
whereas
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:VisualEditor_Page_Settings_Edit_Links-ja.png
for Japanese was uploaded yesterday as part of the job that I ran.

What makes this weirder yet is that after the upload start line you can see
output that says that files were being uploaded, but they didn't find their
way to Commons, and some files that I would expect to see there are not
actually there. The same set of files is supposed to be generated for each
language, but with different language codes in the name. For Japanese I can
see that VisualEditor_page_settings_item-ja.png was created and uploaded,
but the job didn't attempt to upload the corresponding file for Arabic (its
name would be VisualEditor_page_settings_item-ar.png).

I have nothing to say but WAT.

Željko, anybody?..

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,