[QA] Running browser tests against firefox with addons installed?

Gilles Dubuc gilles at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 18 09:33:42 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I've read online that it's possible to put together a profile file/folder
for firefox and point the selenium driver to that, in order for it to run
firefox with specific addons installed.

For UploadWizard we have some code that only runs when the Firefogg addon
is installed. It broke several times over the past few months because the
QUnit tests covering this area can only do so much.

How difficult would it be to set that up (profile to run firefox with that
addon) for a specific cucumber feature in the UploadWizard test suite?