[QA] Jenkins jobs for the MediaWiki services

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Thu Jul 2 10:22:19 UTC 2015

Le 01/07/2015 15:15, Antoine Musso a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Marko Obrovac enquired to learn more about Jenkins and Zuul for the
> various MediaWiki services (parsoid, graphoid, restbase etc).  Those
> repositories share a very common structure:
>
> - javascript
> - dependencies declared via npm
> - a deploy.git repo for production usage
>
> We have just completed a pairing session to get new jobs for mathoid.
> Tomorrow we will get JJB installed and create more jobs and ensure we
> have Jenkins jobs covering each services.
>
> The next step will be to have all those backend services to be updated
> on the beta cluster solely by Zuul/Jenkins. Currently some are updated
> either manually or via a crontab.
>
> Congratulations Marko and having acquired the CI 101 badge :-}

Marko and I had a second pairing today. He got Jenkins job builder
installed and configured based on the tutorial at:
 https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/CI/JJB

We crafted a change together to inject npm devDependencies on top of
dependencies provided by the deploy.git repos:

  https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/222259/
  https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/222261/

https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/job/mathoid-deploy-npm/  now has
the test utilities (mocha) and manage to start the suite, although it is
not included in deploy.git :-D

That went well overall. Only an hour starting from scratch!

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso