[QA] Gerrit cleanup day - QA ramifications

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 06:59:07 UTC 2015

Antoine Musso, 26/08/2015 14:46:
> [...] can well undermine the site stability. [...]
> May I say that to land a patch that day they should have tests and more
> than one +2 approval?

Concerns here seem overblown. I have no idea where the concept came from
that +2 will be handed out like candies.
	The whole idea of the cleanup is that there are many quick actions to
perform that were simply forgotten and are now a burden for the whole
system (also things like add a reviewer, remove an uninterested
reviewer, abandon an obsolete idea you had, +2 a thing you're running
locally since ages but forgot to merge, rebase and merge something that
the patch author didn't bother to...).
	People who are worried about WMF-hosted stuff can of course focus on
reviewing the rest of the repositories. There is ample choice.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Reports/Changesets_by_project

Nemo