[QA] Selenium-webdriver is broken for Firefox 32, don't upgrade

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Thu Sep 4 16:19:03 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 3:48 AM, S Page <spage at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Ubuntu Software Update updated my computer to Firefox 32 and now all browser
> tests fail with
>
> unable to obtain stable firefox connection in 60 seconds (127.0.0.1:7055)
> (Selenium::WebDriver::Error::WebDriverError)
>
> This is a known issue[1], it is fixed by selenium-webdriver 2.43 which isn't
> released[2].  I'm figuring out how to downgrade but it's a lot easier if you
> decline any Firefox update.
>
> [1]
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25646639/firefox-webdriver-doesnt-work-with-firefox-32
> [2] https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=7642

Thanks for this report S. I was trying to validate a mediawiki-vagrant
patch last night and getting this same error. I'll double check the
browser version I have installed to see if this fixes it.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA