[QA] Regarding error while pushing a commit to Gerrit via git-review

jagori samajdar jagori79 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 09:35:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am getting the below error while trying to push my changes to Gerrit
using
git review

The error is as below:
$ git review
You are about to submit multiple commits. This is expected if you are
submitting a commit that is dependent on one or more in-review
commits. Otherwise you should consider squashing your changes into one
commit before submitting.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\Python33\Scripts\git-review-script.py", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('git-review==1.24', 'console_scripts', 'git-review')()
  File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\git_review\cmd.py", line 1214, in main
    assert_one_change(remote, branch, yes, have_hook)
  File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\git_review\cmd.py", line 718, in
assert_on
e_change
    "Do you really want to submit the above commits?" % output)
  File "C:\Python33\lib\encodings\cp850.py", line 19, in encode
    return codecs.charmap_encode(input,self.errors,encoding_map)[0]
UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode character '\u2026' in
position
8042: character maps to <undefined>
The process aborts post the error message.
Also the git-review version is as below:

$ git review --version
git-review-script.py version 1.24

I have a Windows machine.
It would be nice if anyone could help me with this.

Kind Regards,
Jagori