[QA] Hooking Travis and Gerrit (was: Setting up Travis testing)

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Thu Oct 30 23:23:45 UTC 2014

Le 30/10/2014 18:26, Gabriel Wicke a écrit :

> For projects like RESTBase it would also be great to be able to use
> Gerrit with Travis pre-merge testing. Does anybody have experience
> with hooking up Travis with Gerrit or Jenkins?

Zuul is a scheduler that listens for Gerrit events and trigger Gearman
functions registered by Jenkins.  So in theory we could have a Gearman
worker that would expose Travis as Gearman functions in the format
expected by Zuul (build:<project>:<label>).

But I would hold such idea for now.

In the context of migrating from Gerrit to Phabricator. We have a few
internal discussions floating around to eventually overhaul our whole CI
system.  We are just randomly speculating for now, but I hope we can
provide some kind of state of our current CI by the end of the year
which we help figuring a new solution.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso