[QA] Are mediawiki_selenium and mediawiki_api ready for 1.0.0

Dan Duvall dduvall at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 10 18:05:01 UTC 2014

I have the environment abstraction layer in the pipeline for
mediawiki_selenium and we should definitely work toward improving
mediawiki_api toward the API Client Gold Standard
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Client_code/Gold_standard>, but I don't
think a 1.0.0 release will preclude those improvements in any way. Like Nik
suggested, we shouldn't hesitate to increment the major version where
appropriate—as long as we're communicating the change with semantic
versioning <http://semver.org/> for both gems.

However, we should probably tighten up the versions specified in each test
repro's Gemfile (e.g. gem "mediawiki_selenium", "~> 1.0.0") to avoid
unexpected major upgrades.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 6:58 AM, Nikolas Everett <neverett at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> 1.0.0 is fine with me.  They are just version numbers.  We can release
> 2.0.0 if we need to so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
>
> Nik
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 7:58 AM, Željko Filipin <zfilipin at wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
>> When we started working on mediawiki_selenium[1] and mediawiki_api[2]
>> Ruby gems, my plan was to release version 1.0.0 when the gems reach
>> stability. From what I can see, the gems were pretty much stable for a
>> while.
>>
>> Does anybody have any plans for major changes in the near future? If not,
>> should we just release them as 1.0.0, marking them stable and suitable for
>> use?
>>
>> Željko
>> --
>> 1: https://rubygems.org/gems/mediawiki_selenium