[QA] Merging CI configuration repos

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Tue Oct 7 13:58:13 UTC 2014

Hello,

We define Jenkins jobs using Jenkins Job Builder and have the resulting
job triggered by Zuul.  For historical reasons, the configuration files
for each are held in two different repositories:

 integration/jenkins-job-builder-config.git
 integration/zuul-config.git

C. Scott proposed a few weeks ago to merge them both which is definitely
a good idea (less commit / reviews have to be made).

To be able to keep the git history and ease merging, I am proposing to
move the configuration files to a subdirectory, respectively under:

 /jjb/
 /zuul/

Then update:
* jobs triggered on each repositories needs some path to be adjusted
* the Zuul daemon refers to /etc/zuul/wikimedia/layout.yaml

Once done, will merge both repositories into a new
integration/config.git which will have the full history and the two
directory

* documentation update

Thoughts?

--