[QA] beta labs unreliable (still)

Ryan Kaldari rkaldari at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 1 21:36:04 UTC 2014

The mobile dev team sent an email to this list a few weeks ago complaining
about how unreliable beta labs is. Since then, the reliability seems to
have actually gotten worse rather than better. This is having a significant
negative effect on our team's productivity. We use beta labs very heavily
(on a daily basis) for testing and QA purposes. Having it broken every
other day is simply unacceptable. Either other teams (such as platform)
needs to slow down their testing of risky features and changes or we need a
separate QA environment for mobile development.

Ryan Kaldari