[QA] Reg::Running of links.feature tests

jagori samajdar jagori79 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 14:09:09 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was trying to execute links.feature by

bundle exec cucumber features/links.feature

I am not clear with certain things,if anybody could help me understand:

   1. There's this URL which opens:
   http://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/User:Jagori/?vehidebetadialog=true&veaction=edit

 I was thinking why does  the edit link have vehidebetadialog .Also there's
this "/" in User:Jagori which doesnot lead to my user page
If I remove the "/" from between USER and BROWSER environment variables,it
seems to be working fine
page_url
URL.url("User:#{ENV['MEDIAWIKI_USER']}/#{ENV['BROWSER']}?vehidebetadialog=true")

Maybe my understanding is incorrect.
Also the test is failing at :
timed out after 5 seconds, waiting for {:class=>"ve-ce-documentNode
ve-ce-branch
Node", :tag_name=>"div"} to become present (Watir::Wait::TimeoutError)
./features/step_definitions/references_steps.rb:13:in `block (2 levels) in
<top
(required)>'
./features/step_definitions/references_steps.rb:10:in `/^I click Edit for
Visual
Editor$/'
features\links.feature:7:in `When I click Edit for VisualEditor'

Changing these to the below in visualeditor_page.rb ,seemed to work fine
but since am new to this so I am not sure if am correct:

   - page_url
   URL.url("User:#{ENV['MEDIAWIKI_USER']}#{ENV['BROWSER']}?vehidebetadialog=true")

   - div(:content, class: "ve-ce-documentNode mw-content-ltr
   ve-ce-branchNode noime")

Thanks,
Jagori