[QA] Emails and timeout errors

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 25 22:47:07 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:34 PM, Jon Robson <jdlrobson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm seeing lots of tests failing with "too many connection resets (due
> to Net::ReadTimeout - Net::ReadTimeout) a
> Long term view: How do we stop these?

We port our Jenkins builds for browser tests from Cloudbees to WMF Jenkins.
 This is in progress now.  We have a few issues to sort along the way.

The problem is that we don't have any information about the connection from
Jenkins on Cloudbees to Sauce Labs hosts.  Ċ½eljko and I have filed a number
of support tickets with Cloudbees and we have made no progress.

When we run our own builds we will have all of the information about our
end of that connection, when today we have no information about either end
of that connection.

-Chris