[QA] future of gadget tests from qa/browsertest repo

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 30 15:56:23 UTC 2014

We have two tests in the /qa/browsertests repo, and Matt wants to know what
is going to happen to them: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/142359/

Tests for gadget certainly don't belong in /mediawiki/core.

Since gadgets are not in gerrit (or under source control at all) we can't
assign them to a repo.

We have two tests for gadgets:  the test for HotCat runs in test2wiki. The
test for ProveIt has not run in any environment in a long time.

My preference is to have WMF be out of the gadget testing business.  We
can't control what gadget code is deployed, and we can't reliably report
bugs if we find any.

If that is not acceptable, I could see creating a build of tests for
gadgets (and whatever else) that should run against test2wiki without
reference to anything in gerrit.  I would hesitate to accept any
responsibility for maintaining that build or reporting results, though.

-Chris