[QA] Pair programming[Monday (23rd June 2014)] with Zeljkof

Vikas Yaligar vikasyaligar.it at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 22:10:07 UTC 2014

Hello,

Last week I had paired with Zeljko on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Here is what we did on Moday:

* I had messed up my repository, by adding some new browser tests and I had
forgotten to remove the code from feature which was present earlier.

* Hence we pushed whatever we had in our repository to gerrit, so that we
might not loose anything and then cloned the repo again and started to fix
everything one by one.

* One thing which I learn't was to keep master branch clean always.

As last time we had all tests passing(of getting rectangles used for
cropping images), we had to merge it with our concept of page_elements.

* We decided to put 'rspec' in Gemfile, and there was a bit of confusion
from my side, whether we need to put it in group :test in Gemfile. But
Zeljko suggested that whatever we are doing i.e. browser tests are for
tests itself, hence making such groups might not be helpful.

* We made capture_screenshot smaller and moving all other code related to
cropping to crop_image.

* Initially I was sending page elements as string, now we are passing it
directly as page object elements.

Regards
--
Vikas S Yaligar