[QA] Reg::Timeout error on executing links.feature

jagori samajdar jagori79 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 07:44:12 UTC 2014

Thanks Chris and Zeljko.
I donot seem to have opened any other browser when the test was running but
I will definitely keep this point in my mind and also check for the Jenkins
job which Zeljko suggested.

I would love to learn how the continuous integration process works too from
Zeljko maybe in the next session.I know a little bit about Jenkins and
Sauce labs though but not in depth.

Regards,
Jagori

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Chris McMahon <
christopher.mcmahon at gmail.com> wrote:

> The links.feature test is unique in that the browser running the test must
> have focus in order for the clickable link text generated from the link
> inspector to appear. When running this locally, if you start the test and
> then use some other browser window or application while the test is
> running, it will fail in exactly the way you describe.
>
> -Chris
>

> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 6:01 AM, jagori samajdar <jagori79 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is with respect to the issue which I had mailed earlier in
>> links.feature file.
>>
>> The problem seems to be quite erratic,at times it works and at times it
>> fails.Maybe adding wait might help.
>>
>> But,anyways it seems to be working now.So,kindly ignore this issue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jagori
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 8:18 PM, jagori samajdar <jagori79 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> While trying to execute: links.feature in VisualEditor module,I am
>>> getting few errors.
>>> The error appears to be on all the scenarios and is a timeout one.
>>>
>>> Error is as below:
>>>
>>> Then an external link appears in the diff view
>>>             # features/step_definitions/links_steps.rb:17
>>>       timed out after 10 seconds (Watir::Wait::TimeoutError)
>>>       ./features/step_definitions/links_steps.rb:19:in `block (2 levels)
>>> in <top
>>>  (required)>'
>>>       ./features/step_definitions/links_steps.rb:18:in `/^an external
>>> link appea
>>> rs in the diff view$/'
>>>       features\links.feature:15:in `Then an external link appears in the
>>> diff vi
>>> ew'
>>>

>>> Failing Scenarios:
>>> cucumber features\links.feature:10 # Scenario: Enter external link
>>> cucumber features\links.feature:17 # Scenario: Enter internal link
>>>
>>> 3 scenarios (2 failed, 1 passed)
>>> 27 steps (2 failed, 25 passed)