[QA] Pair Programming (8th July)

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Fri Jul 11 12:34:36 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Brahmini Nagabandi <
brahmininagabandi at gmail.com> wrote:

> This session was very useful to me in terms of getting started.I had some
> basic questions like What is MediaWiki and how to start to contribute in
> testing.

Hi Brahmini and thanks for the report, I have added it to the list[1].

I have promised that I will send her a list of resources on how to get
started with testing in general, and also how to get started with test
automation.

For getting started with test automation, I would recommend Cucumber &
Cheese book by Jeff Morgan[2]. I am also working on a book[3], but it is
far from finished.

For testing in general, I would recommend How to Break Software by James A.
Whittaker[4], Perfect Software--And Other Illusions about Testing by Gerald
M. Weinberg[5] and Lessons Learned in Software Testing by Cem Kaner, James
Marcus Bach, Bret Pettichord[6].

Anybody else has other recommendations?

Željko
--