[QA] [WikimediaMobile] Failing MobileFrontend browser tests

Rob Lanphier robla at wikimedia.org
Thu Jul 10 19:06:39 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Antoine and Zeljko are the right people to talk about this while Chris is
out, and it's late in the day for them.  I'm sure they'll get back to you
tomorrow.  Greg may be able to say more about this, but honestly, the
nature of this thread is a little bit like little kids in the backseat
saying "are we there yet? are we there yet?" repeatedly  :-)

Antoine's response seems to answer the substance of what y'all are asking
about.  We moved from Cloudbees to directly using Saucelabs so that we
could debug these issues directly.  Now that we're on Saucelabs, we have
the info (see Antoine's mail).  As he said, we have no plans to set up our
own version of Saucelabs.

It may be that the very first thing we need to do is put some sort of
environment health check prior to executing the actual test portion to
avoid these false failures.  Given that the team just completed the
migration off of Cloudbees, give them a little time to figure things out.

Thanks
Rob