[QA] [Wikitech-l] git-review 1.24 broken?

Moriel Schottlender moriel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 16:33:01 UTC 2014

> FWIW, the debian `git-review` package is on version 1.23-2 and seems
> to have no issues.  If you are on debian or ubuntu, you should
> probably be using the system native packages, rather than messing
> around with `pip install`.

The docs here say that that's a bad idea. I'm not sure why (or if it's
still true) but just pointing it out.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/git-review#Debian

It seems that the native package doesn't work correctly. Or, if that's no
longer true, we should update the docs.

>  --scott
>
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Željko Filipin <zfilipin at wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 9:50 PM, Moriel Schottlender <moriel at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Worse, I seem to also get problems uninstalling and reinstalling
> git-review
> >> when I try to follow the directions in the first email
> >>

> > Can you post more information?
> >
> > Željko
>

> --
> (http://cscott.net)

No trees were harmed in the creation of this post.
But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly
inconvenienced during its transmission!