[QA] [Wikitech-l] git-review 1.24 broken?

Moriel Schottlender moriel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 00:11:15 UTC 2014

> which package version do you have for 'python-setuptools', and what
> does this show:
> $ /usr/bin/easy_install --version

I get 'setuptools 3.3'

> I reinstalled python-setuptools, and git review 1.24 is still working for
> me. :/

So, when I try 'sudo pip install -U git-review' I get

(...)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 628, in
resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: pip==1.0

I tried 'sudo pip install --upgrade setuptools' but I get the exact same
error.

Git review seems to work, but it's still on version 1.23, and I keep
getting the upgrade notice all the time.

> --
> John Vandenberg

No trees were harmed in the creation of this post.
But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly
inconvenienced during its transmission!