[QA] Failing MobileFrontend browser tests

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Thu Jul 10 09:21:05 UTC 2014

Le 10/07/2014 00:57, Juliusz Gonera a écrit :

> Those are just a few examples from recent failures, but they make
> tracking regressions really tedious and time consuming. I know we are
> planning to move away from Saucelabs and use our own servers to run the
> tests. When will this happen? Is there any deadline?

Hello,

We are sticking to Saucelabs. The service they are offering (booting VM
with a given browser) cant be reproduced on our own infrastructure
without a major engineering and hardware investment.  Given the price of
Saucelabs, it is not worth it.

If there are any suspected issues with Saucelabs reaching beta, that
needs to be investigated, the root cause found and .. Fixed!  :-D

The beta cluster has full debugging enabled and logs are under
/data/project/logs , that might help tracking what is happening on the
server side.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso