[QA] Reg::Timeout error on executing links.feature

jagori samajdar jagori79 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 10:18:30 UTC 2014

Hi,

While trying to execute: links.feature in VisualEditor module,I am getting
few errors.
The error appears to be on all the scenarios and is a timeout one.

Error is as below:

Then an external link appears in the diff view
            # features/step_definitions/links_steps.rb:17
      timed out after 10 seconds (Watir::Wait::TimeoutError)
      ./features/step_definitions/links_steps.rb:19:in `block (2 levels) in
<top
 (required)>'
      ./features/step_definitions/links_steps.rb:18:in `/^an external link
appea
rs in the diff view$/'
      features\links.feature:15:in `Then an external link appears in the
diff vi
ew'

Failing Scenarios:
cucumber features\links.feature:10 # Scenario: Enter external link
cucumber features\links.feature:17 # Scenario: Enter internal link

3 scenarios (2 failed, 1 passed)
27 steps (2 failed, 25 passed)
2m4.538s

I have pasted the error for the external link part .For the internal link
also its almost the same.

My analysis for the issue above :

For the  code
Scenario: Enter external link
  When I enter http://www.example.com into link Content box
   And I click < to close Link User Interface

I found that in the automated run, *http://www.example.com
<http://www.example.com>*  is not being captured which results in the
subsequent timeout error.It works fine when I do the same manually.

I would be looking forward to any replies on this issue.
Kind Regards,
Jagori