[QA] browser tests race condition with login/logout

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Wed Jul 2 10:25:59 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf at free.fr> wrote:

> Jenkins has a plugin that let job hold a lock and thus prevent other
> jobs from running while the lock is held.  That might be a workaround
> but would slowdown the build.

My plan for the near future is to run as much tests as possible in
parallel, so this would be a huge step back. :(

Looks like there is only a few tests that explicitly log out a user, so we
could make a separate Jenkins job(s) for them and make sure they lock other
jobs. We could run them at the start or the end of the test run, and run
other jobs in parallel. That would make sure they do not break other tests,
but it would not be a significant slowdown.

Željko