[QA] enforcing jshint on all repositories!

Nikolas Everett neverett at wikimedia.org
Thu Jan 30 17:26:14 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have Jenkins jobs running jshint, unfortunately the default is to not
> block changes when jshint is not passing.
>
> The crazy idea, and you can help achieving it, is to enforce jshint on
> all git repositories  :-)
>

> The first step is to reverse the current logic (ie making jobs blocking
> by default). That would be done by Zuul change: [gerrit 110385].  It
> makes the job blocking by default while keeping currently non blocking
> job in the same state.
>
> While doing the verifications, I have listed all jobs which are
> currently non blocking and attached the list to [bug 60619]:
>
>   http://bug-attachment.wikimedia.org/attachment.cgi?id=14415
>
> That is where anyone can help!  For each job, we should verify whether
> jshint currently pass in Jenkins:  https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/
>
> - if the job pass, we can make it blocking (voting: true)
>
> - else we should fill a bug and then fix the issues reported by Jshint.

Wow Jenkins is slow.  This link should take you directly to a job's
jshint/jslint tests so you don't have to look around the user interface:
http://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/job/mwext-${JOB_NAME}-jslint/

I just checked CirrusSearch and the job is so non-blocking that it hasn't
been run in months.  You are welcome to run it and block on js errors.  We
don't have any js files so that should be easy.

Nik