[QA] New fatal errors on beta labs

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 28 16:11:22 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 5:40 AM, Ċ½eljko Filipin <zfilipin at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf at free.fr> wrote:
>>
>> The content is also on logstash:
>>
>>  https://logstash.wmflabs.org/#/dashboard/elasticsearch/fatalmonitor
>

> It asks me to log in. Which credentials should I use? Gerrit?

The labs logstash instance uses a single username/password for
authentication. The username and password required are given on this
officewiki page:
https://office.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:BDavis_(WMF)/logstash

I'd love to fix this to use LDAP auth, but due to the possibility of
other labs users intercepting traffic or getting access to the
logstash instance the danger of leaking passwords is too high. The
long term fix for this problem would be to make wikitech an OpenID
provider so that passwords can be collected in a secure environment.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer                Boise, ID