[QA] an experiment: fatal error notices on beta labs sent to this mail list

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Mon Jan 27 18:11:42 UTC 2014

Le 27/01/14 16:34, Željko Filipin a écrit :
> Looks like that has already happened. There were 7 e-mails in the last
> few minutes.

Sorry I failed the cronjob configuration :/

> The e-mails just said: "The file at
> /data/project/logs/fatal.log on the deployment cluster has a new entry
> within the last hour.  You should check it out." I have no clue (and I
> guess the most people on the list) how to get to that log file, so the
> message is not really useful.

/data/project is the shared project storage so it can be accessed from
any instance ie  deploymnent-bastion.pmtpa.wmflabs

The mail message can be tweaked by editing in operations/puppet.git the
file: files/misc/beta/monitor_fatals.rb

:)
--
Antoine "hashar" Musso