[QA] Cucumber (but also Selenium and page object) coding conventions

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 21 18:23:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

since I pair with people from different teams and I work on the
mediawiki-selenium gem I tend to see a lot of Ruby, Selenium, Cucumber and
page-object code. I have noticed some code that I like and some code that I
do not like.

To move the code towards what I like, I have been working on coding
conventions page[1]. I plan to implement the changes myself, if nobody does
it before I have the time to do it. I do not have a timeline for that.

I would really appreciate if you would read the page (it should take you 5
minutes or so) and let me know if you agree or disagree with my thoughts,
if I missed something, if something needs to be explained, if the page
should have more text and less code or vice versa...

You can let me know here, in #wikimedia-qa freenode IRC channel (I am
zeljkof there). The page also had discussion section. Also, feel free to
update the page.

Thanks,

Željko
--